The Hotel's History
The Station Hotel was built in 1850 at the same time the railway line reached Stonehaven. Set between the railway line and the town, it possessed (and still does) the double merit of seclusion and convenience for travelers.
Now the site of the Function Room and kitchens, the rear of the hotel originally had stables and a garage building for cars, and on the ground to the West there was an extensive putting green (now modern bungalows) as well as tennis courts within a ten minutes walk.
Inside, the hotel boasted dining, drawing, coffee and smoke rooms. Every effort was made to ensure the complete satisfaction of guests, and only the best of everything was served at the table. A comprehensive selection of fine old wines, matured spirits and liqueurs was maintained.
The hotel was recognised by the R.A.C and The A.A, affirming its high standard of general excellence.